3RD GENERATION RIPLEY
The Ripley LS is a 29″ wheel trail bike with 120mm of rear wheel travel, mated to a 130mm travel front fork.
The talented Mr. Ripley, our first 29er trail bike, has been in production for 4 years. During that time it’s grown a little burlier, a little longer, and become slacker. With the Generation 3 release, we’ve added clearance for the new generation of not quite plus sized, wide rim specific tires. It will come stock with pretty much perfect-for-a-29er Schwalbe 2.6″ rubber. If you’re an enduro bro, and like to point it downhill through rock gardens without using your brakes very much, this new Ripley also has clearance for burly Maxxis 2.5 WT tires. Both the Schwalbe 2.6 and the Maxxis WT are designed specifically for the wider rims that we’ve been producing for the last few years. And just like that, the Ripley became even more versatile.
The 3rd Generation Ripley has an all new swingarm and clevis, and a wider upper eccentric. Oh, and new paint and graphics. The swingarm will accommodate 29″ tires like the Schwalbe 2.6″ Nobby Nic.
Even with the new wider eccentrics, the new swingarm accommodates the 2X Shimano side swing front derailleurs including Di2 (and of course 1X, which you already knew, right?). The front derailleur mount also makes a nice upper chain guide mount.
WHAT’S NEW IN THE 3RD GENERATION RIPLEY
- We have increased the tire clearance to accept up to 29 x 2.6″ Schwalbe or Maxxis 2.5 WT tires
- The upper eccentric is wider, resulting in a stiffer swingarm connection
- Two new colours ( “Vitamin P” and “Ti-Ho Silver”)
- 120mm rear wheel dw-link travel
- Carbon fiber monocoque frame and swingarm
- 5.5 Pound frame* with Fox FLOAT DPS EVOL
- Approved for 120-140mm forks, 51mm rake is STRONGLY recommended
- Tapered head tube (suitable for various Cane Creeks & Chris King InSet 3)
- Shock Specs: Fox Factory FLOAT DPS 3pos w/Adj and EVOL Sleeve with Kashima Coat 184mm x 44mm
- Provision for internal cable-actuated or hydraulic adjustable seat posts
- Post mount rear brake mounts
- Shimano side swing front derailleur compatible.
- * Frame weight is for a medium black with shock but without seat collar, rear axle, or water bottle bolts
See sizing guide for an indication of your bike see. Please note that only authorised dealers are able to advise you properly on the correct bike size. Please contact your local dealer so that they can give you the correct information
MTBR“We were really impressed with the Ripley LS. It is a well-sorted bike that did everything well, and looked good doing it. The ideal buyer would be someone looking for a light, responsive all-trail 29er that feels more like a 27.5 while popping and playing, yet still displays those desirable 29er traits on rolling, up and down trails, and in choppy, rocky momentum sapping terrain. Outerbike Test Session Score: 33 out of 35” Read the full review here.
Teton Gravity “I’m constantly amazed by the engineering and ability bikes deliver today. With that said, the Ripley sits comfortably in the upper echelons of all current trail super-bikes.” Read the full review here.